Women in Nepal
Home Breadcrumb spacer About Us Breadcrumb spacer Contact Breadcrumb spacer About Us Breadcrumb spacer About Us, General Breadcrumb spacer 

Frequently Asked Questions

The Women’s Refugee Commission is dedicated to improving the lives and protecting the rights of women, children and youth displaced by conflict and crisis. We are not a grant-making organization and we do not have field operations. If the following information does not answer your questions, please email us at the address provided below. 

Can I work or intern with the Women's Refugee Commission? How do I apply?

Available job positions and internships are listed on the employment page of our website, along with directions on how to apply. Visit our employment page.

Please note that we cannot process applications that are not for a specific job or internship that is posted.

Please also note that our offices are located in New York, NY, and Washington, D.C. We do not have offices in other countries, and are unable to send interns or volunteers to the field.

I have applied for a position with the Women's Refugee Commission. What is the status of my application?

Because we receive many applications, we cannot reply to every submission. If you have applied for a job or internship with the Women's Refugee Commission, we will contact you if we are considering you for the position. No phone calls please.

Can my organization apply for a grant or partnership with your organization?

As a research and advocacy organization, the Women's Refugee Commission generally does not provide grants or arrange partnerships. The Foundation Center provides information that might be helpful.

I am a refugee who needs to be resettled. Can you help me?

As a research and advocacy organization, the Women's Refugee Commission is not involved in the resettlement process. For assistance, contact a UNHCR field office

I am seeking asylum in the United States. Can you help me? 

The Women's Refugee Commission is unable to assist with asylum requests. You can apply for asylum and withholding of removal with form I-589 form the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service or you may wish to find legal representation.   


Thank you for your interest in the Women's Refugee Commission. For questions or comments, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We will respond to your inquiry within 7 working days.