The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) is a research and advocacy organization that seeks to improve the lives and protect the rights of women, children, and youth displaced by conflict and crisis. We research their needs, identify solutions, and advocate for programs and policies to strengthen their resilience and drive change in humanitarian practice. The Women’s Refugee Commission is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Scope of Work
Reporting to the VP, Finance and Administration, the Grants Finance and Operations Lead will lead the grants unit to ensure accurate and timely tracking of WRC’s grants and subgrants spending. They will also prepare budget proposals for grant applications and will be responsible for the operations of post-award grant administration and related duties such as budget modifications, expenses analysis, financial reporting to donors, and journal entries; work closely with program staff to ensure that grant spending complies with donors’ rules and regulations. The Grants Finance & Operations Lead will supervise 1 or 2 staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with institutional giving staff and program staff to prepare and review proposal budgets and make necessary adjustments when needed, including assisting with subrecipient budgets.
- Prepare financial reports to donors.
- Meet with program staff regularly to review variance reports for accuracy and allowable expenses.
- Prepare quarterly reports and meets with award team to review the budget-monitoring reports (BMR) to analyze program budgets, actual expenditures, and expenditure plans/projections.
- Review invoices and payment information to ensure validity and accuracy before payment.
- Assign source codes for new grants, update the grant source codes list frequently and share list with organization.
- Upload the grants budget into the accounting system and make adjustments when required.
- Conduct subgrantee risk assessments: review subgrant budget proposals; audit reports and agreements from subgrantees.
- Assist program staff and legal staff with the setup of subagreements and provide support with financial management of subawards, including but not limited to budget approvals, reviewing invoices, ensuring payments are processed, closing subawards.
- Lead quarterly LOE planning meetings with program directors and supervisors. Prepare and monitor staff salary allocations to ensure salaries are charged and projected correctly.
- Oversee the time and effort certification process.
- Prepare journal entries as needed.
- Ensure compliance an all grants, including timeliness and accuracy, and answer inquiries from donors on complex issues concerning grant spending or reporting.
- Provide guidance to staff on policies and procedures and lead trainings or prepare guiding material.
- Identify, develop, and implement management systems for grant and subgrant management.
- Supervise and coach professional staff.
- S. of Public or Business Administration.
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive, non-profit work experience and grants management experience.
- Experience with USG, UN, foundation, private and foreign government grants management.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of MS Word, Excel; accounting software; familiar with the UN accounting system ad USG reporting system.
Reports to: VP, Finance and Administration
Position: Regular, full-time
Starting Salary: $104,050 (commensurate with experience)
Location: New York, N.Y. (hybrid schedule)
Posting Date: December 30, 2022
Closing Date: Until filled
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume via this link.
The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, or disability. All qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Women’s Refugee Commission is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.