The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) works to improve the lives and defend the rights of refugee and internally displaced women, children and young people. As an advocacy organization, the Commission is dedicated to bringing about systemic changes that lead to greater respect for the rights of uprooted women, children and young people. The organization strives to effect policy and programmatic change with broad, worldwide impact.
Scope of Work
The development manager will play a key role in WRC’s fundraising operations ($10 million annual budget) as a member of an established, yet lean development team. Under the supervision of the associate director, individual giving and events, this position will provide essential support, including administrative, operational, and essential infrastructure support; database management; prospect research; processing gifts; and assisting with donor cultivation and events.
This role will be a part-time, temporary role to cover an upcoming leave. It is expected to begin in April and will last approximately five months. Time needed will be approximately 20 hours per week from April–mid-June, 15 hours per week mid-June–September.
Essential Job Functions
Support the development team’s efforts by performing a range of administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge database, including manual gift entry, credit card processing of major gifts, Online Express gift batch entry, mailing list queries and exports, imports, and data clean-up.
- Serve as the administrator and organizational point person for Raiser’s Edge donor database, update and maintain individual records and mailing lists.
- Enter, update, and analyze development and organizational information in database, and generate reports, queries, exports, and lists for mailings and appeals.
- Process invoices, credit card authorizations, and other relevant finance-related tasks.
- Support “Voices of Courage Awards Event” and other planned donor cultivation events.
- Manage administrative tasks, such as donor correspondence, including acknowledgement letters.
- Conduct prospect research on potential corporate and individual donors.
- Assist the associate director with cultivation and donor stewardship—preparing materials and packages for presentation; coordinating meetings; and responding to queries.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills with high-level proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Strong Raiser’s Edge proficiency (must have experience with manual gift entry and Online Express, building queries and importing/exporting constituents).
- Blackbaud certification in Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Flexible approach to work; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- All employees must abide by WRC’s Humanitarian Accountability statement:
Reports to: Associate Director, Individual Giving and Events
Location: New York, NY
Hourly Rate: $28 per hour
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume via this link.
The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status or disability and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Women’s Refugee Commission is a registered 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.