The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) works to improve the lives and defend the rights of refugee and internally displaced women, children, and young people. As an advocacy organization, WRC is dedicated to bringing about systemic changes that lead to greater respect for the rights of uprooted women, children, and young people. The organization strives to effect policy and programmatic change with broad, worldwide impact.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Staff Accountant will be part of the Finance team and be responsible a variety of daily accounting tasks related to the processing of WRC’s revenues and expenses, as well as provide general support to the Controller. The Staff Accountant will report to the Controller while working closely with the rest of the Finance team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for full accounts payable cycle including review and processing of invoices, sub-grants, travel advances, expense reports and consultant invoices. Review backups/contracts and ensure proper compliance with GAAP and internal policies.
- Responsible for full accounts receivable cycle including cash and online contributions, grants payments, revenue recognition, and new grants invoices.
- Process and reconcile credit cards transactions/statements, ensure proper documentation and coding.
- Assist in months-end closing, including preparation of monthly schedules, Balance Sheet Notes, GL Maintenance, Journal Entries and payroll related entries, and Banks Reconciliation.
- Perform monthly grants budget vs. actual variance analysis.
- Assist in annual audit and Form 990 preparation.
- Prepare and file Forms 1099
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree.
- Minimum three years of nonprofit experience in a finance department.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, including the knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity with Intacct Accounting Software.
- Commitment to the mission of the Women’s Refugee Commission.
Reports to Controller
Position: Regular, full-time
Salary: Salary range $60,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience
Location: New York, NY (hybrid schedule)
Deadline to Apply: June 17, 2022
The Women’s Refugee Commission is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Women’s Refugee Commission is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.