Guidance on Disability Inclusion for GBV Partners in Lebanon: Case Management of Survivors & At-risk Women, Children and Youth with DisabilitiesPublished
This resource is a product of a partnership project between the Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) and UNICEF Lebanon entitled “Strengthening Child Protection and Gender-based Violence Prevention and Response for Women, Children, and Youth with Disabilities.” The overall goal of the project is to improve violence prevention and response programming for at-risk groups of women, girls, and boys with disabilities. It builds on existing initiatives of gender-based violence (GBV) and child protection (CP) actors to systematically advance disability inclusion across the CP and GBV prevention and response sectors in Lebanon.
Guidance on Disability Inclusion for GBV Partners in Lebanon: Case Management for Survivors and At-risk Women, Children and Youth with Disabilities is designed to support GBV case workers and supervisors to strengthen case management services and to uphold GBV guiding principles while working with these individuals. It includes guidance, key actions and tools to improve accessibility and inclusiveness of existing case management processes and activities.
- Tool 3: Practical Tips for Supporting Caregivers
- Tool 11: Sample Case Studies and Action Plans
- Tool 4: Action Planning – Addressing Barriers to Care for Survivors with Disabilities
- Tool 5: Identifying Skills and Capacities of Survivors with Disabilities
- Tool 6: Developing Safety Plans with Survivors with Disabilities
- Tool 7: Do’s and Don’ts When Referring Survivors with Disabilities
- Tool 8: Tips for Communicating with People with Different Types of Impairments
- Tool 1: Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (DPOs) Contact List
- Tool 9: Easy-To-Read Information About GBV
- Tool 2: Case Worker Attitudes Relating to Disability and GBV
- Tool 10: Reflection Tool for GBV Practitioners